We have members of all abilities from kids on 16 inch wheeled bikes to competitors in the 2006 World Champs.
The club has a big family focus with most events having a kid and beginner friendly option.
The emphasis is on participation. We are downhillers AND cross country riders.
Membership is the cheapest in the country - $15 Unwaged/Student, $20 Individual, $30 Family or Couple.
The membership year starts on the 1st April and is valid until 31st April.
For your membership you get:
- Discounted race entry
- Regular e-newsletters
- A calendar of upcoming events throughout the South
- Maintained and developed tracks and facilities
- A say in how the Mountain Bike Club is run and developed
Click here for Membership Registration 2016-2017 >>
Please note we are currently updating the Current Members List for the 2016/17 year
Riders intending to ride at any of the rounds in the NZ Mountain Bike Cup and/or the National Championships need to make sure they have joined BikeNZ prior to the event. The club encourages all riders who ride at a club level to join also. BikeNZ is keen to build a picture of how strong riding is throughout NZ. This will help them secure finding and support for clubs and events. Check out all the membership information at www.bikenz.org.nz
1. If you are a club member who is ONLY racing in the DH nationals series round at Bluff, we suggest you get a Ride Trail membership which costs $15. But, you cannot collect national-level race points with this membership nor race the national champs. You pay a premium race entry fee of $100 for Bluff. Seven days prior to each event a late entry fee of $25.00 will apply, so enter early.
2. If you are racing more than one round in the DY series AND/OR national champs, it is better value and you need to join as a Race Club member (or Elite if relevant). You pay a standard race entry fee of $75 at each DH round (different for national champs though). Seven days prior to each event a late entry fee of $25.00 will apply, so enter early.
3. If you ride regularly in club events we ask that you join as a Ride/Trail member for $15. Money collected by BikeNZ is to be spent in the region it originated from and Ride/Trail funds are for the development of mounting biking.
4. When you join BikeNZ you have the option of at the same time joining the Southland Mountain Bike Club.
7. If you ride at a BMX club as well, check out the website instructions carefully, as you need to do things differently!
8. If you have already got a race license from an earlier year, you may have received an email from BikeNZ around 18 November asking you to rejoin. Respond to that email, as that means they have your email address on file. Your email address is your unique identifier in their membership system. You will find you have to set up a new, unique email address, if the system won't let you re-join using your existing email. Family members who register and have the same email address will have to create new email addresses – the system only allows one person to be attached to one email address!
There is lots of information/help on the BikeNZ website, plus you can email them for help.
If you have any queries regarding your membership, please email email@example.com.